menu
logo bianco
 
trentino
booking
X
Arrival
 
Departure
 
 
Adults
 
Children

Museo Diocesano Tridentino

 

In the heart of Trento, the artistic heritage of the Diocese, the treasure of the Cathedral and the artefacts from the Council of Trento.

The Tridentine Diocesan Museum is located right downtown in Trento, close to the San Vigilio Cathedral, in the Palazzo Pretorio, which in the Upper Middle Ages was residence to the Prince-Bishops of Trento. Established in 1903 to house Diocese's artistic heritage, the Museum also hosts the early Christian basilica of San Vigilio, as well as the archeological artefacts dug out from the Cathedral ground between 1964 and 1977.
In the museum, the exhibits are arranged in chronological order by author or by cultural ambit. Thus, the section on local painters, and on their relationships with the nearby Lombard, Venetian and Austrian cultures from the Middle Ages to the Neoclassical Age, is followed by the section centred on wooden sculptures, featuring sculptures and altars made between the end of the 15th century and the second half of the 16th century. The itinerary then proceeds with a rich section on hangings and a specific one displaying several artefacts both from the Council of Trento and of the city's iconography. Special mention goes to the rare collection of Flemish tapestries and the Cathedral treasure exhibition. A peripheral branch of the museum was opened in Villa Lagarina in 2000.
 
Info
Piazza Duomo, 18 - 38122 Trento
tel. (0039) 0461 234419 - Fax (0039) 0461 260133
www.museodiocesanotridentino.it
 
unchecked checked
Request information
What kind of holiday suits you best?
Send!